2nd Shift Senior Tooling Technician
Job Description: Position Summary: Perform all tasks associated with tooling fabrication and repair for both Extrusion and Finishing. Maintain and follow all health,...
Job Views ( 0 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
- Perform all tasks associated with tooling fabrication and repair for both Extrusion and Finishing.
- Maintain and follow all health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Performs tooling preventive maintenance duties, setup type work, and general-purpose labor as directed by the Engineering Manager to maintain the daily functions of the department.
- Weekend work may be required, Overtime as needed.
- Periodic training will be required to maintain skills and provide continuous improvement
- Operation and maintenance of CNC and wire EDM equipment.
- Operation of mills, lathes, surface grinders, and other tooling fabrication machines using exacting tolerances.
- Tool-path programming design and entry on various CNC and wire EDM machines/
- CAM programming, utilizing CNC software for programming.
- Basic welding repair skills are required for precision repair of tooling components.
- Technical coverage and support for the various manufacturing groups.
- Resolve issues pertaining to priorities and projects
- Occasional Emergency downtime that will require quick decision making and problem-solving skills to restore production.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description. Performs other related duties.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Die shop environment
- Exposure to manufacturing floor; prolonged standing.
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on manufacturing floor
- Equipment used requires proper training on the potential for and avoidance of injury
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Education and Qualifications:
- 2-year Vocational Degree in Tool Design and Maintenance OR Journeyman Certification in Tooling Design
- Use of Calipers, Micrometers, Lathes, Mills, Surface Grinders, CNC, EDM, and other precision Tool & Die machines.
- Able to read blue prints in order to fabricate or repair all prototype, new, and spare tooling.
- Basic understanding of computers for Work Order entry.
- Education or work experience suitable for proper and safe operation of Tool & Die Fabrication equipment.
- Shift hours are 3-11:30pm or 2:30-11pm
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help