Apply Here: jobs.owens.edu/postings/9143 This position provides academic advising to a caseload of students including new, continuing, and returning students. Builds relationships with...
Job Views ( 0 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Apply Here: jobs.owens.edu/postings/9143
This position provides academic advising to a caseload of students including new, continuing, and returning students. Builds relationships with and advises students regarding programs and majors, policies and procedures, the registration process, degree completion, transfer, and campus/community resources.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of current Owens Community College policies and procedures, catalog, degrees, and pre-requisite/co-requisite requirements. Knowledge of BANNER, degree audit system, Onbase, Ozone, Outlook, Transferology, Owens Internet and Intranet. Awareness of various Academic Services procedures and practices that relate to Student Development. Knowledge of campus resources. General knowledge of career decision making and development, student development theories, and transfer options. Knowledge of developmental academic advising principles and practices. Diversity awareness and understanding.
- Excellent communication- both verbal and written. Good customer service. Typing. Microsoft Office Suite. Organizational. Strong interpersonal. Problem solving.
- Ability to handle potentially high stressful situations with professionalism and composure. Work effectively with others throughout college community to deliver students services. Stay abreast of changes in College policy, procedures, and the requirements for degrees and certificates. Use knowledge of policies and procedures to make decisions in every day operation. Maintain flexibility to adapt to changing demands of student services. Ability to successfully and simultaneously complete multiple projects and tasks. Work with minimal supervision. Organize facts and materials for presentations. Information literacy: do research to find answers to questions.
- Maintains office hours for assisting students and prospective students with the advising and registration process, including assisting students with writing and maintaining their academic plans.
- Provides enrollment management for caseload, as directed by advising leadership, including, but not limited to, following up with students about assessment, about registering, contacting at-risk students, contacting specific target segments, and following up on early alerts (contacting the student and notifying the instructor of the outcome).
- Provides prompt and adequate documentation in BANNER of student contact.
- Works to build relationships with students on caseload by building rapport, reaching out to students, responding to students’ inquiries within a timely manner, and encouraging students to meet with advisor at least once per semester.
- Maintains general knowledge of all college programs with special attention to students in assigned academic programs.
- Actively participates in their assigned academic program meetings and committees, as necessary or as directed by their supervisor.
- Actively participates in advising, program, committee, and curriculum update meetings to stay current on major/program information as well as changes at the college that affect advising and students.
- Utilizes tools, assessment worksheets, and technology during advising sessions, including but not limited to advising syllabus; student assessments and inventories; Owens Internet and Intranet; Onbase; student administrative databases; and any future academic planning tool, in order to assist students.
- Participates in ongoing advisor professional development provided by the college and the department as required by advising leadership.
- Collaborates with advising team and respective chairs for assigned academic programs to increase student success.
- Assists with planning and coordinating advising/registration, special events and projects on and off campus as needed.
- Provides advising for students during orientation and collaborates with Admissions to facilitate advising/scheduling sessions for orientation each semester.
- Assists with assessment and evaluation of the advising program and contributes to quality improvement initiatives for advising through the strategic action planning process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor People oriented. Team oriented. Dependable. Reliable. Flexible. Adaptable. Initiative.
- PPO Plan OR Consumer Driven Health Plan (including dental and vision)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Hours
- State Pension Plan – SERS (Other alternative programs can be selected)
To see more about this job and others at Owen’s Community College please visit: jobs.owens.edu
- Bachelor’s degree – Higher Education Administration, Business, Higher Education administration, College Student Personnel, Social Sciences, Education, Counseling, related field, or in a discipline relevant to one of the institution’s academic programs.
- One to three years experience working in Higher Education. Academic advising experience preferred. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to others.
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help