Academic Technology Specialist
Position Summary Provides technology support for over 200 classrooms and works directly with a diverse population of clients (faculty, staff, students,...
Job Views ( 7 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Provides technology support for over 200 classrooms and works directly with a diverse population of clients (faculty, staff, students, vendors, contractors, and more) to support academic technology and facilitate AV operations in formal and informal learning spaces. Technology supported incudes audio visual equipment, computers, software, peripherals in a variety of environments (classrooms, conference rooms, labs). As the primary representative for Information Technology Services (ITS) to the campus community, this position is responsible for collaborating with ITS departmental staff and other faculty and staff on campus to develop solutions for client issues.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support that ensures the proper operation, maintenance, monitoring, testing, and repair of complex networked AV equipment and control systems; also performs troubleshooting on Extron control processors, touch panels, routers, audio DSPs (Extron and others) and peripherals (Extron and others). Ensure computers and software run properly while connected to audio-visual systems.
- Provides client consultation, reviews construction documents, tests installed equipment, and provides documentation for specific University projects which require new audio-visual technology.
- Provides timely updates on work done to update service requests, incidents, and problems using our CRM. Ensures all communication with clients, internal BGSU staff, and vendors originates from and has a full record recorded in the same CRM.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date physical asset inventory utilizing the department’s centralized asset management systems.
- Coordinates with the Endpoint Administration team to help develop, test, and deploy software to computer systems located inside of classrooms, conference rooms, and computer labs.
- Creates and revises self-help documentation for use by clients. Provides one on one and workshop-based instruction for faculty and students as needed. Coordinates student employees in day to day technical support for BGSU and provides ongoing training to student employees in dealing with support issues.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills while supporting a diverse population.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Competency in the support of AV equipment (Projectors, Televisions, Audio Systems).
- Competency in the support of AV control equipment (Extron or Crestron).
- Competency in the support of computer hardware (MacOS and Windows).
- Competency in computer networking configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in application-based inventory management.
- Knowledge in reviewing and creating construction documents (One-Line and Submittal).
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity, and/or inclusion.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level I52. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: June 24, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Associate degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
Required: 2 years of professional experience in any two of the following areas:
- A/V equipment support and maintenance
- A/V equipment design and/or installation
- LMS or enterprise collaboration support
- A/V or computer networking support
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
The following experience is preferred:
- Higher education experience
- Extron equipment experience
- Enterprise computer and software support experience
- Inventory management experience
- TeamDynamix experience
- AVIXA CTS Certification
- Canvas, Zoom, MS Teams experience
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help