Accounting/Office Coordinator – Findlay, OH
Job ID: 419701 The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Job ID: 419701
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
As an Accounting/Office Coordinator, you will work with the Assistant Controller in preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account reconciliations. You will participate in monthly closings, account analysis, and support the Division in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Reporting to the Division Assistant Controller, the criteria for this position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Validate setups, daily transactions, and backlog for accuracy
- Complete necessary journal entries as required.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meet information requirements, complete ad hoc projects, and complete financial analyses.
- Monitor accounting functions for the Division to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Ensure appropriate internal control standards are maintained and or improved throughout the Division.
- Meet information requests of both external and internal auditors.
- Assist with day-to-day office operations including but not limited to maintaining office supplies, oversee meeting room calendars, process daily outgoing mail, etc.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the public at all times.
- Limited travel and the ability to work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Strict adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP rules.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree required/Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2-5 years related experience and/or training. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Construction or materials accounting experience a plus.
The ability to read and understand various documents such as accounting guidelines, policy and procedure manuals, and safety rules. Strong written and verbal communication skills a must. The ability to hold and conduct meetings.
Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate problems clearly and concisely by collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
The ability to use computers with a proficiency in Hyperion, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Viewpoint experience a plus.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help