Accounts Payable Coordinator
Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator Reports To: Accounting Supervisor Primary Purpose: Process all appropriate invoices for timely payment. Proof and ensure...
Job Views ( 15 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Primary Purpose: Process all appropriate invoices for timely payment. Proof and ensure the accuracy of each
invoice entered. Record all invoices to proper general ledger accounts. Review proper
approval authorizations to pass for payment. Review invoice pricing charged against
purchase orders, verbal quotes and/or committed pricing. Make every effort to secure all
discounts available within the discounted terms. Ensure appropriate accounting procedures
and internal controls are followed at all times. Support other divisions to ensure accuracy
within the invoicing process along with responsibility for the month end closing for all divisions.
Expected Attributes of Employees:
• Exhibit a positive attitude
• Show personal drive, ambition, and always maintain integrity
• Demonstrate honesty and trustworthiness
• Set personal and professional goals, while demonstrating high work ethics
• Balance issues emotionally and objectively
• Communicate at the most direct level
• Inspire others
• Empathize with other employee concerns
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Match receiving documentation with invoices; review for accuracy in pricing and quantity received against
• Key invoices and prepare for weekly payment processing in relation to vendor terms.
• Handle payment processing through physical checks, bank uploads and wires.
• Ability to work closely with purchasing and warehouse team members.
• Establish strong working relationships with new and current vendors.
• Ensure proper sales and use tax treatment of items being purchased, and remain current with sales and use tax
law changes and related application.
• Maintain copies of tax exemption certificates provided to vendors to support our stance on the application of
sales tax for items purchased.
• Ensure proper general ledger account coding for all invoices processed.
• Provide expense detail support as requested.
• Maintain the necessary vendor information to comply with Form 1099 filing requirements. Prepare and file Form
1096 and Form 1099’s annually.
• Review all employee reimbursements for business expenses to ensure compliance with company standards and
limits as outlined by company policy.
• Complete general ledger month-end closing process for accounts payable as assigned.
• Provide support during year-end audit of financials.
• Complete all other projects and tasks as assigned.
Johnson Plastics Plus is the leading supplier/distributor to the engraving and sign-making industry. As part of the
Rowmark brand, JPP strives to provide world class products and service to our customers each day through our
distribution facilities located throughout the U.S.
Johnson Plastics Plus is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values our employees and offers a competitive pay and
benefits package, an encouraging, supportive environment with training, professional development, recognition
programs and career growth opportunities. Our benefits include profit-sharing, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life
insurance, flexible spending account options, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and paid company
We believe that people have always been and will continue to drive the success of our company. If this sounds like
the opportunity for you, we invite you to submit your name for consideration.
• Ability to operate computer software relative to the position.
• Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal means.
• 2 to 3 years of work experience in the accounts payable field with various accounting or ERP systems.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to be self-directed, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and accountability for the work performed.
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help