Accounts Payable Specialist – 40 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this job is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of facility in accordance...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this job is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles related to the parent organization and all subsidiaries.
Duty 1: Responsible for timely and accurate entering/uploading of invoices for all BVHS entities including matching vouchers electronically to purchase orders and receiving documentation; ensuring that the supporting documentation meets the criteria set forth in BVHS standard work processes; validating payment addresses and payment terms for accuracy.
Duty 2: Responsible for timely and accurate processing of patient refunds and non-employee reimbursements for all BVHS entities ensuring that the supporting documentation meets the criteria set forth in the BVHS standard work processes.
Duty 3: Timely review of monthly vendor statements for past due invoices and/or credits due to BVHS including communication with vendor Accounts Receivable departments to request copies of missing invoices/credits; resolution of mis-applied payments by vendors; and reviewing/reconciling any invoice/payment discrepancies.
Duty 4: Follow up with BVHS associates and/or vendors as needed to resolve issues including missing purchase order numbers required for invoice/payment processing; electronic approvals required for payment processing; and inquiries regarding payment status as requested.
Duty 5: Completion of daily audits to reconcile and verify processed vouchers ensuring accuracy in remit addresses; pay terms; accurate accounting for freight, taxes and miscellaneous charges; and accuracy in keyed invoice dates and numbers to minimize the risk of duplicate payments.
Duty 6: Assist in departmental goal of increasing participation in BVHS electronic payment options by reviewing invoices for opportunities as well as discussing with vendors.
Duty 7: Assist in other accounting duties as needed including audit requests; month-end/year-end closing processes; special projects; streamlining AP processes; or coverage in cases of vacation and/or leaves of absence.
Duty 8: Print, sort, distribute, and respond as needed to both physical and electronic departmental mail.
Duty 9: Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* PC proficiency including Microsoft Office and data entry experience
* A basic knowledge of general accounting practices and office procedures
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* High degree of attention to detail
* Ability to analyze documents for accuracy and completeness along with problem solving skills to resolve issues
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, learn new skills, and follow up on pending issues.
* Accounting education/coursework preferred
* Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 3-5 years of Accounts Payable, Accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help