Position Summary This position serves as Administrative Secretary to the Dean of the College of Business Administration. Serves as liaison...
Job Views ( 6 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This position serves as Administrative Secretary to the Dean of the College of Business Administration. Serves as liaison between administration and faculty/staff. Transmits decisions and directives by Dean.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages event planning for College events including Opening Day, Homecoming, Leadership Council and Young Alumni Board meetings, alumni and donor dinners and visits, faculty and staff receptions. Requires working occasionally on evenings and weekends.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of other events within the College.
- Provides administrative support to the Dean and Associate Deans including preparation and proofreading of memos, reports and other correspondence and presentations.
- Routinely communicates and builds rapport with BGSU executive administration, trustees, major donors, accomplished alumni, business community leaders, faculty, staff, and other external constituents.
- Serves as liaison for the Dean with the administrative and academic community of the University including President’s Office, Provost’s Office, General Counsel, other College Dean’s offices, Development, Marketing & Communications, Catering, and Space Assignments.
- Coordinates the Dean’s and Associate Dean’s calendar and contact data. Schedules appointments and updates as needed. Coordinates travel and meeting arrangements.
- Communicates decisions and directives to staff within Dean’s office, Department Chairs, and faculty and staff within the college.
- Assists with College publications. Reviews documents and composed materials prior to printing and mailing.
- Coordinates other projects as requested by the Dean.
- Relieves Dean and Associate Deans of routine administrative tasks.
- Discreetly screens and handles confidential and sensitive phone calls for Dean’s Office. Respects confidential nature of all written and oral interactions.
- Places orders and pays invoices as needed. Reconciles and tracks budgets. Identifies budget issues. Submits Dean’s and Associate Dean’s reimbursement requests and accounts for payments. Reconciles P-card transactions.
- Interviews, hires, and trains student workers. Administers student time.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports and modify data in financial systems
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to effectively utilize audio/visual equipment
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Classified Pay Grade 26/$17.19. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- One-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help