PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Nursing to plan, organize, develop,...
Job Views ( 2 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Nursing to plan, organize, develop, and direct the operation of the specific unit, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines, and as directed by the Director of Nursing Operations to assure that the highest degree of resident care can be maintained at all times. Participates in resident/tenant and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in a clinical setting. Represent the unit by serving on, participating in, and attending various committees as required by administration.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and current Ohio registration.
* Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions .
* Possess leadership ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel.
* Have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
* Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal a nd communication skills .
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status . Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures .
* This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood bor ne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
View Job at OMJ
2 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help