Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Wyandot County Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Essential Functions of the Position: – Responds to emergencies in...
Job Views ( 3 )
Upper Sandusky, OhioWyandot County
Essential Functions of the Position:
– Responds to emergencies in ambulance and provides basic and advanced life support assistance; administers emergency first aid treatment to injured persons; administers CPR; initiates and monitors IV treatments; performs external cardiac defibrillation; operates or utilizes emergency medical equipment, bandages, splints, back boards and other related life support and first aid equipment and supplies.
– Performs various other forms of emergency medical assistance; assesses victim’s vital signs, controls bleeding, immobilizes fractures, attempts rescue operations, transports victim to appropriate medical facilities, etc.; maintains radio communications with hospital and dispatch station; acts on established protocol when radio contact cannot be made.
– Ensures proper operation of life support equipment, instruments and supplies; inventories and restocks all medical supplies as needed; inspects, cleans, and performs simple maintenance on vehicles; notifies supervisor when ambulance repairs are needed.
– Prepares and submits electronic healthcare reports in a timely manner.
– Communicates with victim, victim’s family, law enforcement officers, firefighters, physicians, nurses and general public; conducts demonstrations and tours of facility for general public; participates in community education and training as required by the EMS Coordinator.
– Maintains certifications; attends training seminars; takes licensing re-examinations as required; participates in training meetings; obtains all required tests and immunizations as per standard operating procedures and protocols.
– Performs heavy manual tasks for varied periods of time, sometimes under dangerous conditions.
– Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of station; sweeps floor; shovels snow; washes windows; and performs other minor maintenance around the station as necessary.
– Meets all job safety requirements and all OHSA safety standards that pertain to essential functions.
– Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
Licensure or Certification Requirements:
Must possess a valid state of Ohio EMT Certification and a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Emergency vehicles, emergency medical equipment, radio equipment, computer equipment, and simple mechanical hand tools. This list is not all inclusive.
– Starting pay $11.50/hr, $12.00/hr after 6 months (pay negotiable based on experience)
– Guaranteed 80 hours a pay period, shifts vary week to week
– Overtime is paid at one and one-half times your regular pay for hours over 40 per week
– Vacation/sick/personal time (compensatory time granted under special circumstances)
– Paid holidays
– Travel/uniform expenses provided as necessary
– Retirement plan from Public Employees Retirement System
– Deferred compensation plans available
– Eligible for group heath insurance provided by Wyandot County through a health savings account
Completion of secondary education with training and experience as an Emergency Medical Technician.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help