Position Summary The Application Developer position is the key role in administering and maintaining all aspects of the administrative systems for...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Application Developer position is the key role in administering and maintaining all aspects of the administrative systems for BGSU. This position is required to be able to write functional and technical specifications as well as code and test conversions, interfaces, reports using various programming languages. This position will support university financial, advancement, and learning management systems and processes.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and write technical specifications, program code and unit test documents for conversion and support of reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements. This involves the following:
- Create technical specifications detailing the system work necessary to implement functional specifications provided by the user. This would include conversion, new development, and support projects.
- Use technical specifications to create or change program code in the appropriate software, following BGSU standards.
- Write unit test plans, execute the test plan, and resolve any errors until the process is error free.
- Document the outcome from the execution of the test plan.
- Update and maintain accuracy of project documentation and work flow as well as provide information necessary for project manager to stay informed about progress.
- Perform analysis, identify problems and potential solutions, make recommendations and evaluate results as they relate to development, enhancement, and manintenance of both manual and automated processes. Communication with appropriate personnel at BGSU and outside hardware and software vendors may be necessary during this process.
- Provide and maintain documentation for any changed processes that affect users. Create and maintain documentation for work related practices to be used by other developers so BGSU standards can be maintained.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology such as changing program languages, equipment and systems. Stay abreast of new technical developments and information system trends by means of self-study and participation in courses, seminars and conferences.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Learning Management System knowledge at a Higher Ed level preferred
- Knowledge of Higher Ed, Foundation, Non-Profit financial processing preferred
- Experience with development tools is desired
- Ability to effectively handle multi-task projects and assignments
- Skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques and programming languages
- Ability to follow standards and procedures for the organization
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communications
- Understands workings of relational databases; skilled with SQL tools and techniques
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: December 11, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
The following experience is required:
- 2 years of writing technical specifications and assisting with functional specifications
- 2 years of writing test documents and revising functional and/or technical specifications
- 4 years of programing/development experience
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help