Assistant Athletic Director for Strategic Communications
Position Summary The individual serves as the chief athletic communications director for Intercollegiate Athletics. This includes, but is not limited to: Serving...
Job Views ( 17 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The individual serves as the chief athletic communications director for Intercollegiate Athletics. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Serving as the department’s chief spokesperson
- Acting as managing editor for all publications and the department’s presence on the web (BGSUFalcons.com, all correlating websites, and social media)
- Managing the strategic communications staff
- Serving as the primary media liaison for BGSU Athletics
- Acting as the key individual in creating the image of a department that is often viewed as “the front porch of the University”
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and Oversee the strategic communications staff.
- Direct media relations for the department’s 18-sport athletic program, including direct day-to-day involvement with the football, gymnastics and track & field programs.
- Strategize, implement, and maintain the athletics department’s presence on the web, which includes BGSUFalcons.com, correlating websites, and the social media presence of the department.
- Serve in event management role at home athletic events.
- Attends meetings and represents the department on committees and planning groups.
- Responsible for managing the department’s broadcast partnerships and management of streaming operations (ESPN3/ESPN+/WBGU).
- Serve on external relations team that generates revenue and increases image and visibility for the department.
- Archiving documents, files, images, and video for the Athletics Department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Athletic Director.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: May 28, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of social media and communication vehicles to wide audiences.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and must be strong writer.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How have you incorporated equity, diversity, and/or inclusion into your current or a previous position?
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Field of study must include communications, journalism, sports management, or related. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- Three to four years of progressive experience in sports communications for a program, team, department. Experience could also include media experience such as radio broadcast, print media, etc.
- Individual must also have 1-2 years of staff supervision experience.
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help