Assistant Baseball Coach
Position Summary This is a part-time (24 hour per week) entry level position. Assist the head coach in all phases of...
Job Views ( 50 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This is a part-time (24 hour per week) entry level position. Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, travel arrangements, supervision of academic progress, alumni development, fundraising and any other duties as assigned, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist and communicate with the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
- Successfully identity, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of camps and clinic.
- Attend required department meetings.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
This is a part-time (24 hour per week) entry level coaching position. Salary will be commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
Deadline to apply: January 4, 2021
For a complete job description & instructions on how to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- General budgeting and accounting skills
- Computer skills, ability to use email and internet functions
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to handle administrative paper work
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Bachelor’s Degree required and pass the NCAA recruiting test annually. Any college Baseball coaching experience at the Division I or II level (graduate assistantship experience accepted). And/or professional baseball coaching experience. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
View Job at OMJ
50 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help