Assistant Director of Admission
Assistant Director of Admission Job Type Full-time Description Reporting to the Director of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission provides strategic leadership, planning and...
Job Views ( 10 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Assistant Director of Admission
Reporting to the Director of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission provides strategic leadership, planning and coordination for the recruitment of traditional and graduate domestic students from designated territories and develops pathways to admission for the respective students. This position will also be a significant contributor to planning for and obtaining targeted goals in recruitment, application, and admission.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director of Admission.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The Assistant Director will supervise admission counselors. The Assistant Director may supervise alumni or friends of the University who are trained and authorized to recruit students on behalf of the Office of Admission.
Salary Range: $43,000-53,000 per year, depending on education and experience.
- Lead a team to coordinate outreach and student recruiting to include:
- Use benchmarking data to develop overall strategic recruitment plans and provide leadership for supervised admission counselors in developing territory-specific and population-specific recruitment strategies.
- Identification of students from an assigned territory who meet the desired admission qualifications of the University.
- Selection, scheduling, arrangement, and completion of visits to high schools, college fairs, and select recruiting events.
- Working closely with parents, high school guidance counselors, and alumni throughout all outreach efforts.
- Collaborating with financial aid staff to understand financial aid packaging and communicate with students and families with the goal of their understanding of all parts of the financial assistance offered by Heidelberg.
- Ensure effective collaboration with faculty and staff in developing and implementing outreach efforts.
- Develop and maintain continuous communication with prospective students via phone, written correspondence, text messaging, and social media.
- Manage student inquiries and applications; counsel prospective students and their family members on how Heidelberg University fits their needs by accurately representing Heidelberg’s history, policies, programs, activities, costs, etc., through phone calls, on-campus interviews and tours, or off-campus meetings.
- Review all applications within an assigned territory, including student transcripts, academic records, standardized test results, and participating in extracurricular activities to assess future student success with Heidelberg University.
- Extensive personal contact with prospective students.
- Preparation of detailed trip / recruiting activity reports, including all expenses, and submit as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Admission.
(A) Bachelor’s degree; and,
(B) Three (3) to Five (5) years successful experience in a recruiting and/or admission setting.
(C) A valid driver’s license is required.
(A) Master’s Degree; and
(B) Previous experience in a small, liberal arts institution; and,
(C) Working knowledge of Slate CRM.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to relate to diverse cross-sections of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to assist in leading a team.
- Ability to travel as needed or required, work evenings and / or weekends as needed.
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help