Assistant Director of Art
Position Summary The Assistant Director of Art manages the design and execution of printed materials. Provide and manage the...
Job Views ( 12 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Assistant Director of Art manages the design and execution of printed materials. Provide and manage the creative direction, branding, and design of marketing materials to further enhance Bowling Green State University as a premier learning institution to both internal and external audiences. Direct the visual design, create and build on the brand equity and integrate design with the marketing messaging through a variety of channels including print, advertising, collateral, signage w from concept to completion. The Assistant Director assists in ensuring the brand remains consistent across all marketing channels.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the branding, design and production of University-wide marketing materials and key creative programs. This includes conceptualization, implementation and maintaining integrity of the BGSU campaign brand. Implementation and direction of a unified look/approach to a wide array of communications including print products, advertising, collateral and signage for departments and events, promotions or marketing projects needed for success. Unified look/approach to communications / integrating branding campaigns across several media platforms. Maintain brand integrity and quality-control measures of marketing materials.
- Direction and supervision of 3-4 designers and consultant freelancers for a department workload of nearly 3000 projects annually. Oversee the projects to maintain brand integrity and exercise quality-control measures to be sure design objectives are being met. Coordinate and direct multiple existing marketing brands and sub brands. Oversee, support and guide the creation of new design platforms for single or comprehensive material needs. Conduct evaluation of work performance annually. Approve all proposed and final designs.
- Collaborate with external agencies and print vendors to design or create materials to meet specific promotional needs. Travel to print press checks when necessary and ensure quality control of all printed materials.
- Collaboration with university constituents on project related marketing materials. This includes the AVP of Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Director of Creative Strategy, Director of Brand Strategy and Director of Brand Strategy, in addition to all strategists within the department. Collaboration with university clients on key projects to assess, interpret and analyze design and marketing objectives and client requirements.
- Direct the development and implementation of training for all Canva and Page DNA users. Oversee the creation of documentation, videos, and best practices to have online resources for users. Research, evaluate and implement any other print or creative tools that campus may require.
- Management of print project design workflow; assign and delegate projects daily. Coordinate and transfer project information to appropriate designer. Evaluate project workload and plan accordingly within the framework of project(s) timeframe and budget.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Graphic Design experience necessary.
- Organization, problem solving knowledge and creativity in all projects using up-to-date Adobe Creative Suite applications.
- Has the ability to multi-task and show efficient time management skills.
- HTML/CSS experience a plus.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘May 17, 2022’.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, flexible work options, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
BA, BS or BFA – Design/Art related area of study, Bachelor’s in Fine Art, Design, Graphic Design, VCT preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years creative design experience
- 1-2 leadership experience
- 1 year branding experience
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help