Assistant Director of Intramurals and Club Sports
Position Summary This position provides the BGSU community with leadership of competitive Intramural and Extramural sports programming, with the...
Job Views ( 17 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This position provides the BGSU community with leadership of competitive Intramural and Extramural sports programming, with the primary focus on engaging students. Additional duties included assisting in the Management of the Perry Field House.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coach and directly supervise at least two and possibly 3 Club sports (i.e. Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse, Men’s Hockey).
- Oversee the recruiting of the sports that are assigned which include the sports he/she coaches as well as other sports assigned by Director
- Facilitate and manage the daily operations of the Intramural Program and assigned Sport Clubs. This includes all facility, staff hiring and training, monthly meetings, marketing, registration, participant communications, budgeting, equipment inventory, payroll, fee, data, and statistical collection, risk management, discipline and policy implementation and enforcement.
- Responsible for the selection, scheduling, supervision of Intramural Sports student employees, including Officials, Associates, Managers, and Supervisors. Directly supervise one graduate assistant and multiple student supervisors.
- Serve as the primary administrator responsible for supervising IM evets and certain Club Sports.
- Participate in meetings regarding the operation of the Perry Fieldhouse and be in a position to answer all requests from both internal and external customers as well as student employees
- Secure indoor and outdoor Recreation and Wellness facility sites for Intramural and Sport Club events. Load all events in facility/event management software. Ensure facility upkeep and risk management practices are in place and followed as needed.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Coaching ability in the sports of Lacrosse and Ice Hockey
- Demonstrated experience and success in personnel management
- Organization and communication skills
- Evidence of positive human relation skills
- Training officials in a variety of sports
- Rules knowledge for a variety of sports
- Fiscal management knowledge
- Intramural and Sport Club organizational skill
- Knowledge of philosophies and purposes of IM/SC activities in relation to the University
- Program development and administration
- Student leadership and development knowledge
- Principles of risk management for sports and events
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; plus recreation management software.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of promotional concepts
- Commitment to customer service
- Experience with conflict management and resolution
- Additional qualities include being:
- A team player
- Well organized
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of the commitment to professional development
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree required in Physical Education, Recreation, Recreation Administration, Sports Administration, or related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
- 1 year of coaching experience
- 1 year of experience of programming or scheduling
- 3 years of coaching experience
- 2 years of programming and/or scheduling
- First Aid/CPR
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help