Assistant Director of Nursing – LPN
Job Description Autumnwood is a “Great Place to Work-Certified™ organization” We are looking for a ADON to join our team in Tiffin,...
Job Views ( 10 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Autumnwood is a “Great Place to Work-Certified™ organization”
We are looking for a ADON to join our team in Tiffin, OH! This is a full time, position.
OBJECTIVE: The primary purpose of the Assistant Director of Nursing Services is to assess, plan, implement and coordinate the clinical care program in conjunction with the Director of Nursing Services to ensure the highest quality of care is maintained at all times. The Assistant Director of Nursing Services will also supervise the day to day nursing activities in accordance to compliance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility as well as responsible to support, mentor and empower the nursing staff according to the nurse practice act. The ADON LPN will assist the RN designee to cover in the absence of the DON.
* 1. Nursing Care Functions:
* Ensures VOA care clinical systems are followed/utilized. Reaches out to VOANS Clinical Consultants with issues regarding the systems.
* Observe and monitor day-to-day functions of the nursing staff to ensure compliance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern this long-term care facility under the direction of the Director of Nursing or other Registered Nurse.
* Participate in the development, updating of written policies and procedures that govern the daily function of the department as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
* Provide leadership that includes observation and communication principles essential for your assigned Staff Nurses and other staff as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
* Make daily rounds on the assigned unit to assure that nursing service personnel are performing required duties and assign nursing tasks as directed by the Director of Nursing or other Registered Nurse that ensure appropriate nursing care is being provided.
* Participate in surveys and inspections made by authorized agencies.
* Meet with the nursing staff (professional/non-professional) as well as support personnel in planning the department’s services, programs and activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
* Coordinate “house” activities when delegated, in the absence of the Director of Nursing to include coordination of staffing assignments and monitor to ensure appropriate nursing care is provided.
* Assist with reviewing Abuse/Neglect claims and aid with abuse prevention investigations as necessary.
* Provide support to the facility by working on-call as directed by the Director of Nursing.
2. Care Plan and Assessment Function:
* Review and contribute to resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
* Assist in monitoring and assessing residents.
* Serve on, participate in and attend various committee meetings of the facility to which you are assigned (i.e. Antibiotic Stewardship, Infection Prevention and Control, Quality Assurance, IDT, Risk Management, Chemical Restraints, Physical Devices, Wound Care Rounds, Safety Committee etc.).
3. Personnel Functions:
* Assist with the coordination of staffing patterns, productive nursing hours and worker’s compensation as directed.
* Provides input for employee’s performance evaluations and disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing Services.
* Ensure that disciplinary action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, religion or handicap.
* Attends required in-services & completes assigned on-line modules.
4. Staff Development:
* Assist the Education Director in identifying educational and ongoing training needs.
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help