Assistant Director of the C. Raymond Marvin Center for Student Leadership
Job Description Position Summary The Assistant Director for C. Raymond Marvin Center for Student Leadership designs, develops,...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Assistant Director for C. Raymond Marvin Center for Student Leadership designs, develops, and implements demonstrably superior and innovative learning experiences that intentionally prepares students to lead meaningful and productive lives. In addition, the Assistant Director has responsibility to support academic partnerships and collaborations, at-risk student advisement, student recruitment and retention, support donor stewardship, policy review, program assessment, on-and off-campus outreach, and to assist with strategic leadership in the department in conjunction with the Director and Marvin Center staff.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
Programming: oversee implementation and creation of new campus-wide leadership programming including, but not limited to: Leadership Academy, Student Leader Retreat, Student Leadership Assistants, the BGSU Leadership Achievement Award, Leadership Competency Certificates, Leadership Minor, Falcon Leadership Institute and other departmental programming.
Advising: conduct one-on-one interactions with current students on topics related to academic success, financial aid, life design, leadership involvement, and personal/social issues. Serve as the administrative advisor to Omicron Delta Kappa and/or other departmental student organizations.
Supervision: serve as the primary supervisor for contracted graduate and undergraduate students, volunteer practicum graduate students, student office assistants, student interns, and the Student Leadership Assistants. This includes recruiting, selecting, training, supervising and evaluating performance.
Teaching and Curriculum Design: Teach during the PLA Summer Program, workshops and classes related to the Sidney A. Ribeau President’s Leadership Academy, and educational experiences for the Falcon Leadership institute and various leadership experiences and student leadership retreats. Help to create comprehensive leadership curriculum grounded in design thinking, student leadership theory and the Social Change Model of Leadership Development for campus-wide implementation including the development of student learning outcomes and related assessment measures.
Administration: Support departmental public relations and technology needs including print materials, social media, assistance with student recruitment, web page management, and technology based support items for leadership programs. Support assessment efforts with various entities in Marvin Center. Help support the office functions within the Marvin Center for Student Leadership.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: February 23, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Demonstrated development and implementation of strong cultural competence
- Knowledge of current student leadership theory, models and programs; specifically, the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Demonstrated experience working in the areas of student programming in a university or college setting
- Demonstrated advising student organizations or students
- Evidence of successful collaboration with faculty, staff, and students
- Experience utilizing design thinking principles
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience in group presentations, writing, and editing
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning outcomes, assessment, and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to provide programmatic oversight and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and assess new and existing programs and services
- Evidence of ability to incorporate student learning and development philosophy into services and programs
- Demonstrated skills as a team player.
- Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications as well as internet and email
Master’s Degree in Higher Education Administration; College Student Personnel; Social Work; Counseling; or Leadership Studies
The following experience is required:
- 2-4 years of full-time experience developing leadership and student programming*
- 2-4 years of full-time experience advising students and/or organizations*
- 2-4 years of full-time experience facilitating and/or teaching
* 4 years of a graduate internship in the above areas will count as meeting the requirement
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help