Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of...
Job Views ( 7 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, physical testing and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to operate and maintain all areas of production in the flour mill under the direction of the Head Miller/Shift Miller. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 3PM-11PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Coordinates with Head Miller/ Miller to process the transfer of all flour products per quality department and customer specifications.
- Performs quality analysis and food safety checks for flour transfers.
- Assists Head Miller/ Shift Miller with mill changes and daily operations.
- Assists with mill equipment repairs and routine maintenance, as needed/required.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by following SOPs and master sanitation schedule.
- Attend all training sessions, as required.
- Perform sampling and testing of wheat and water and make appropriate adjustments to wheat cleaning and tempering equipment to meet specifications and standards set by the Shift Miller.
- Assist with training of Mill Utility personnel.
- Responsible for performing the essential duties and responsibilities of the Head Miller/ Shift Miller in their absence.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years of flour milling, food production or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
- Must have ability to understand how materials flow through a particular process and/or a sequence of operations.
- Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and the ability to problem solve.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help