Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager position’s key role is to aid in the management of the retail location. The position will consistently provide customers...
Job Views ( 36 )
Bettsville, OhioOther County
The Assistant Store Manager position’s key role is to aid in the management of the retail location. The position will consistently provide customers with the highest level of service possible and assist the General Manager in day-to-day store operations. The Assistant Store Manager will support the General Manager in these primary business areas: 1.) Merchandising and promotion of sale items 2.) Financial Analysis including controlling site cash and inventory, adhering to store budget and labor hour guidelines 3.) Store Operations, which includes but is not limited to receiving goods and hiring personnel. The Assistant Store Manager performs the functions of General Manager in the latter’s absence and must perform the duties of Sales Associate when the General Manager is available in the store.
Assistant Store Manager reports directly to the General Manager.
- Work with the General Manager to maintain operation records, prepare daily reports and make daily trips to the bank for Store deposits. Work directly with the Store Auditor to resolve issues, update information and otherwise assure accuracy of daily reports, during periods of Manager’s absence.
- Review shift reports completed by Sales Associates. Assure that all reports and funds reconcile and balance per company policy. Assure proper employee training in cash out/shift reporting procedures.
- Perform routine inventory counts for cigarettes, lottery tickets and other items as required per company policy
- Proactively manage inventory replenishment with the GM. Evaluate stock levels of all designated items, place orders and work with vendors for stock levels on product lines assigned by the GM or in his/her absence. Manage inventory per policies and turn standards established by management.
- Work with the GM to assure consistent high-level merchandising of store products and attractive presentation of store facilities. Assure that all product promotions are updated and presented via internal and external signage and POS display. Maintain vendor product signs and displays. Update exterior promotional signs, banners and other display/marketing materials. Maintain inventory, assure products are fronted, inventory “holes” are minimized and the store always looks adequately stocked.
- In GM’s absence review gas pricing for designated area competition three times per day, advise the VP of Retail Operations of price changes and adjust retail prices as directed.
- In the GM’s absence, evaluate the store staffing schedule for the upcoming several weeks. Understand vacation schedules and other issues impacting employee availability. Revise and rearrange weekly store staffing schedule, assuring store open hour coverage for prime sales hours and slow periods, focused on staffing to store staffing standards and minimizing overtime as the need arises.
- Address and document employee performance issues that may arise in the GM’s absence per company policy. Assure that all such documentation is forwarded to Human Resources to maintain accurate and up to date employee files.
- Encourage, assist, and train employees to become a motivated sales force. Train and development staff in all aspects of the business including customer service and suggestive selling.
- Comply with and enforce all safety, security, environmental regulations, emergency operation procedures, company policies, procedures and guidelines
- Regularly evaluate physical performance and appearance of all store and gas dispensing facilities. Work with the GM to set schedule with staff for routine cleaning, housekeeping and light maintenance. Identify repair and maintenance issues. Advise the GM of any service and repair issues that may arise in order for the GM to complete appropriate documentation per work order system to schedule necessary repairs. Assure facility is always maintained in a clean, orderly and presentable manner, per company policy.
- Project enthusiasm and excitement to build customer relationships and continue to grow base of regular customers
- Assist customers on inquiries and complaints. The Assistant Store Manager is a hands-on position and will involve serving customers, operating registers, selling products, stocking inventory, cleaning facilities, preparing food for deli operations and otherwise performing any and all store related functions that are required.
The effectiveness of the Assistant Store Manager position will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The completion of an annual Employee Performance Review by the General Manager
- Sales performance of assigned store
- Margin performance of assigned store
- Labor/Payroll control of assigned store
- Maintenance of a high performing, motivated and efficient store staff
- Maintenance of a high level of customer service for the assigned store
- Expense control of assigned store
- Inventory accuracy and stocking levels/turns of assigned store
- Ratings of assigned store via Mystery Shopper and other independent store evaluation programs.
- Performance results of Store Audits of assigned store.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to develop and motivate a team of up to 30 employees, build relationships, and utilize skills of workforce most appropriately and as directed by the General Manager.
- Ability to merchandise and manage store operations effectively.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively, comprehend material, and provide instruction to all employees.
- Strong administrative, analytical and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of two years’ experience in retailing, convenience or fast-food industries. (management experience preferable)
- Basic computer/systems literacy (e.g., Back Office System, Word, e-mail)
- ServSafe food service certification may be required for certain locations
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts or customer complaints as they arise
- Ability to communicate with associates, upper management and guests
Physical Demands and Environmental Condition Requirements
Walking, sitting, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping, forward bending, squatting, reaching, use of fingers, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, weather, atmospheric conditions, and explosion hazard.
Standing, use of hands, talking, hearing, seeing.
View Job at OMJ
36 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help