Assistant Teacher – Child Care
JOB TITLE: YMCA Child CareAssistant Teacher Job Code: Part – Time FLSA Status: Non – Exempt Job Grade: I Position Reports to: Associate Director...
Job Views ( 11 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
JOB TITLE: YMCA Child CareAssistant Teacher Job Code: Part – Time
Position Reports to: Associate Director of Child Care Revised: August 4, 2014
The Assistant Teacher will assist the Lead Teacher in supervising the children and coordinating and implementing daily activities and curriculum, which includes Step Up to Quality and the Ohio Early Learning Content Standards. The activities will promote the cognitive, social-emotional, language and physical development of the children; must recognize and respect each child; and must build positive relationships with parents and co-workers. Must be able to assume responsibility for the class in the Lead Teacher’s absence. Must keep abreast of developments in field of expertise.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
● Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of developmental stages of young children. Able to assume responsibility for children in small groups and for the entire group whenever necessary.
● Able to use positive reinforcement as a form of behavioral guidance and management. Is clear, appropriate, respectful, kind and consistent. Discusses and problem solves issues and difficult behaviors with the teaching team.
● Nurtures children to soothe, guide, reassure and reinforce each child as a valuable and lovable individual. Responds to the children with warmth, friendliness and humor.
● Shares information with parents on a daily basis in a positive, appropriate manner. Nurtures the family unit and respects diversity.
● Uses YMCA Character Development is all aspects of the job.
● Documents observations, contributes to children’s portfolios and the classroom portfolio. Participates in assessments and record keeping. Offers suggestions when asked, helps parents problem solve and conducts Parent and Teacher conferences when appropriate.
● Assists and supports the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum that includes the Ohio Early Learning Content Standards and Step Up to Quality. Researches and prepares for weekly planning meetings.
● Fosters communication and keeps co-workers and administrators informed. Display the ability to work with parents, staff members, student teachers and administrators.
● Keeps the Child Care Center clean and organized and maintains/cleans equipment.
● Follows all safety issues and complies with all policies and procedures.
● Advocates for children and understands being a mandated reporter of child abuse and neglect.
● Demonstrates the ability to initiate and sustain large and small group activities independently of the Lead Teacher. Demonstrates working knowledge of ODJFS regulations, center policies, routines and appropriate limits.
● Attends and participates in Child Care Center and community activities.
● Demonstrates a good work ethic, motivation and the ability to work independently. Able to recognize and acknowledge own successes and difficulties.
● Displays an active desire for learning, self-evaluation, improvement and implements a professional development plan. Values play and provides a wide variety of creative opportunities.
● Assumes duties of Lead Teacher in the Lead Teacher’s absence as directed by Lead Teacher or Director.
● Assumes other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher and Director.
Additional Job Related Information:
● Customer Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
● Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
● Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
● Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must agree to obtain 20 hours of Step Up To Quality training within the first 2 years of the hire date. Must be 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED.
Required Length and Type of Experience
● One year experience as an Early Childhood Professional is preferred.
Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
● Maintain current certification in Recognition and Prevention of Communicable Disease, Child Abuse Prevention, First Aid and Infant/Child CPR.
● Must complete a BCI and FBI fingerprint assessment.
● Participates in a minimum of 10 hours in-service training annually after the initial 20 hours are met.
● Maintains certifications and licenses as determined.
Required Physical and Environmental Demands
● Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting children, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
● Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
● Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
● Requires working under stressful conditions and flexible hours.
● Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help