Assistant Women’s Track & Field Coach (Throws)
Position Summary Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified...
Job Views ( 34 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization and design of practice and competition, scheduling, travel arrangements, budget management, supervision of academic progress, alumni development, fundraising and any other duties as assigned, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules. Responsible for coaching the throws.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist and communicate with the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
- Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
- Successfully identity, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
- Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
- Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of camps and clinics.
- Monitor budget expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility.
- Attend required department meetings.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- General budgeting and accounting skills
- Computer skills, ability to use email and internet functions
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to handle administrative paperwork
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Bachelor’s degree required. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1 year of College Track and/or Cross Country coaching at the Division I, II, III, NAIA, Junior College level, and/or Club Coaching experience, and/or High School level (2 years of graduate assistantship experience equals 1 year of professional experience).
- Throws Coaching experience
- 2 years of Track and/or Cross-Country Coaching
View Job at OMJ
34 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help