Associate Director – Center for Faculty Excellence
Position Summary The Associate Director for the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) provides managerial, administrative, technological, and pedagogical leadership...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Associate Director for the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) provides managerial, administrative, technological, and pedagogical leadership in the administration, design, development, and implementation of faculty professional development for BGSU. The CFE Associate Director provides strategic planning and budgetary oversight for CFE operations, including the supervision and management of the CFE staff. The Associate Director also leads, creates, and coordinates special projects, communicates and advocates for faculty development, researches and recommends instructional technology, and represents the institution as needed internally and externally for collaborative teaching and learning initiatives.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working with Colleges, Departments, faculty, staff, and external vendors and organizations, the CFE Associate Director oversees, promotes, and coordinates the design, development, and implementation of faculty professional development activities, and special projects for BGSU.
- Provides strategic planning and budgetary oversight of CFE operations and staff, including management, selection, oversight, and evaluation of CFE faculty affiliates, learning communities, and related professional development budget.
- Researches current technologies, pedagogies, and policies related to teaching and learning through research, professional development, and participation in professional organizations, and collaborates on or acts with ITS and other areas to implement relevant and beneficial initiatives for BGSU.
- Provides quality assurance benchmarks, tools, and expertise in course design, development, and delivery, including alignment of processes and tools with current best practices and research in teaching and learning pedagogies and technologies through workshop delivery and other means.
- Serves as BGSU’s representative for state collaborative teaching and learning initiatives with Ohio institutions of higher education. Initiatives may include grant writing and implementation, participation on state committees, collaborative projects, conference presentations, and conference organization and support.
- Acts as budget administrator for the office.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 357. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of current educational technologies including the use of learning management systems.
- Excellent applied learning skills and an enthusiasm for learning.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a broad range of internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to function in an environment of ambiguity with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to create new solutions to complex issues and demonstrated experience in implementation.
- Academic research experience
- Knowledge of the literature regarding the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Curriculum and Instruction, Higher Education, or related academic field required. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in higher education
- 3 years of instructional design experience
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help