Associate Director of Ice Arena
Position Summary Responsible for the day to day operations of Slater Family Ice Arena, events and activity schedules, facility conversions, cleanliness...
Job Views ( 17 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Responsible for the day to day operations of Slater Family Ice Arena, events and activity schedules, facility conversions, cleanliness of public areas, supervision of student staff and the overall safety of patrons. Responsible for the management/oversight of the customer service and retail sales operations which includes the development, management and implementation of the customer service/retail annual budget. Develop and implement efficient policies & procedures to assist in the health and well-being of all customers. Manage all over-the-counter customer service, sales, inventory control, purchasing of merchandise mix along with customer service training for BGSU Ice Arena student staff. Perform and make substantial independent decisions related to the overall operation of BGSU Ice Arena customer service areas to include pro shop and concession stand.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversite of daily Building Operation, work cooperatively with campus operation for maintenance of building and equipment (Desiccant Dehumidification systems, boilers, and HVAC), complete all daily and monthly Zamboni, and compressor maintenance. Assist with Game Operations and other duties as assigned. Complete all weekly ice maintenance (power edge, level, etc.).
- Direct all deliveries of merchandise and concession items, maintain inventory with use of software and establish back-up systems; day-to-day financial operations included expenses, revenue, and daily cash reconciliations and deposits; administration of all purchasing through credit cards and BGSU procurement system; payment of invoice for all purchases.
- Assist with sales, and marketing to actively pursue new business. Work in conjunction with Assistant Director of Programing to market and advertise arena programming.
- Direct and develop all ongoing Policies and Procedures for customer service and retail operations sales, and specials to increase traffic to Point of Sales areas
- Create and manage Concession and Pro Shop budget, administering budget reports for the Associate AD of Arena Ops monthly/quarterly/annually. Provides analysis, projections, and suggestions for improvements.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Computer hardware and software knowledge as it relates to inventory control, point of sale, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule including early mornings, evenings, nights and weekends, as needed
- A working knowledge of accounting/budget management practices.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to complete projects on a timely basis with precision and accuracy and to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and also to work independent of direct supervision.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Proven ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Pay Grade 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Degree must be conferred at time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3-4 years of Facilities Management, Recreation Management retail and managerial experience. Graduate Assistantships or Professional Internship experience will be considered in the 3-4 years.
- Certificate of Ice Arena Operations or Equivalent (Ice Sports Industry or U.S. Ice Rink) required, Certificate of Ice Arena Management preferred or willingness to complete within first year.
- First Aid and CPR certified or ability to become certified within 30 days of hire
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help