Automotive Service Advisor/Writer
Job Purpose: Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage;...
Job Views ( 9 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
* Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer’s payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer’s approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
* Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers’ publications.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Safety Management
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help