Basic Needs Intake
Job Title: Basic Needs Intake I Department: Family Development Reports To: Basic Needs Specialist Supervises: None FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Pay Status: Regular Year Round, Full Time $14.50 per hour Summary: Conduct interviews and assist applicants...
Job Views ( 5 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Job Title: Basic Needs Intake I
Department: Family Development
Reports To: Basic Needs Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Status: Regular Year Round, Full Time $14.50 per hour
Summary: Conduct interviews and assist applicants with program registration and obtain all applicable information according to program rules and regulations. Gather and maintain accurate data for required reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all programs and community service programs.
- Assist applicants with program registration and review all payment plan options available with the applicant.
- Read, verify, and accurately interpret all applicable income source documentation.
- Accurately calculate income in accordance with program guidelines.
- Input data necessary to complete and print all required forms for applicant verification and signature; submit completed paperwork to the Basic Needs Specialist.
- Respond to and resolve client and agency inquiries and questions; contact the Basic Needs Specialist and/or Clerk for inquiries, questions, or concerns that require additional research or uncommon eligibility circumstances or utility questions.
- Prepare and maintain accurate participant files within established time frame.
- Prepare and submit timely reports.
- Record daily activities and referrals.
- Generate ideas and propose solutions to enhance program operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Associate’s Degree in social work, office administration, business, related fields or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One to three years experience in a social or customer service; one year experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract one and two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight, measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, etc. The work requires the use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of general safety and traffic regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision, and close vision.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help