Position Summary Works under the general supervision of the Director of Benefits and other Human Resources managers performing a wide range...
Job Views ( 9 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Benefits and other Human Resources managers performing a wide range of duties with a specialty in the area of employee benefits, workers’ compensation, and Family Medical Leave.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Administers all aspects of BGSU Workers Compensation Program for University employees (faculty, staff and students). Reviews and facilitates the process of all workers’ compensation claims filed with the University. Makes contact with employees and supervisors to obtain all required information, insuring forms are properly completed and procedures are correctly followed. Works with the medical management company and workers compensation third party administrator. Prepares management reports and summaries as requested. Follows up with all parties for clear and documented return to work. Coordinates and integrates Workers Compensation with other policies such as Family Medical Leave (FML) and Americans with Disability Act (ADA) when appropriate. Represents BGSU at workers compensation hearings when necessary. Submits invoices for payments of TPA, independent medical evaluations and files reviews.
- Administers all leaves of absence for administrative, classified and faculty. For FML, process requests to determine eligibility; communicate confirmation and leave usage; update leave usage and send monthly reports to employees on intermittent leave.
- Benefits specific duties: Runs routine and special reports from PeopleSoft using queries; responsible for entering eligibility into the third-party vendor systems when necessary (outside eligibility/ file updates). Assists others by serving as facilitator/advocate to employees dealing with issues or problems relating to benefits and employment. Provides information and assistance to university wide employees and their covered dependents to assure their understanding of benefits. Maintain confidential benefit files pertaining to medical benefits, FML; and separate files for workers compensation. Responsible for University retirement plan administration. Assists with BGSU employee benefit plan administration. Conducts employment/benefits/retirement orientation sessions to faculty and staff.
- Assist employees with filing retirement and disability retirement applications, as well as coordinate with provisions under the life insurance plans and other benefits and events (such as open enrollment)
- Maintains benefits, Leaves, and workers compensation section information on the OHR website.
- Monitors ACA eligibility and administers resulting enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration applications should be provided by ‘January 19, 2021’.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience working with HRIS systems and good working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications
- Good working knowledge of health care benefit plans, health care laws (FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA), state funded workers’ compensation laws, and processes.
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Excellent communication skills and working with diverse populations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- Excellent phone customer service skills, service orientation, meticulous, precise and possess efficient work habits.
- Ability to thrive in a learning environment.
Associates degree required in Business Administration, Human Resources, Management, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Successful candidate must have degree conferred at the time of application.
Also the following experience is required:
- 2-4 years Human Resources experience to include direct experience with benefits or workers’ compensation.
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help