Job Description Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is...
Job Views ( 112 )
Fostoria, OhioHancock County
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to continuously improve the quality of the Fostoria area facilities by regularly maintaining and improving the building structure, support systems, and grounds. This position requires general knowledge and experience in all aspects of building construction, repair and maintenance of buildings and grounds. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 7AM – 3:30PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following – Other duties may be assigned:
- Follows all applicable OSHA, NFPA, EPA and all other company, local, and federal regulations. (Uses the Mennel Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Program for guidance)
- Executes and completes work assigned by the crew leader to the best of his or her ability.
- Paints and maintains facility floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, and plumbing systems.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing systems, supply and waste, including fixtures.
- Repairs and maintains lockable hardware such as doors and windows.
- Assists in the construction, alteration, preparation, and repair to structures made of wood, plaster, steel, concrete or brick.
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of facility roofing systems to prevent potential failures and to improve reliability.
- Maintains facility grounds by performing lawn mowing, landscaping and snow removal.
- Repairs and maintains various pieces of equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and recommendations, as well as any applicable operation manuals.
- Repair engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and other equipment as assigned.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Replaces defective parts through the use of effective trouble shooting.
- Start and test all equipment after maintenance is performed to check for proper performance.
- Interacts with customers, supervisors, and engineering staff to improve methods and systems.
- Continuously upgrades skills and knowledge to remain current with the latest technology.
- Applies new skills and technology to increase safety and sanitation of the facilities maintained.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have ability to read and comprehend operation and maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical drawings.
REASONING ABILITY Must use common sense and solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize hazards and improvement areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, use various tools, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast-paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions and employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment may require the use of hearing protection.
TO APPLY: Go to https://mennel.com/careers
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- A minimum of 3 years of building trades experience is preferred
- Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must have good communication skills in order to effectively work within the BMP crew.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to gain a comprehensive and working knowledge of a customer’s operation and utilities, within a short period of time.
- Must be able to work with computers and various software for use in work order entries.
- Must be able to operate Scissor Lifts, One Man lifts, grounds maintenance equipment, and light to medium duty trucks.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license subject to three-year MVR review.
- Requires ability to execute work as assigned and to follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
View Job at OMJ
112 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help