Work Schedule Full time 40 hours per week position. Straight 8-hour shifts. Rotating swing shift, working weekends and holidays. Position Summary Under general...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Full time 40 hours per week position. Straight 8-hour shifts. Rotating swing shift, working weekends and holidays.
Under general supervision from stationary engineer, building maintenance supervisor or maintenance supervisor, operates high pressure boiler equipment, inspects, cleans maintains, repairs boiler equipment & performs relate plumbing & steam fitting.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Operates high pressure boiler, pumps and related equipment (i.e. carrying pressure exceeding 15 pounds per square inch) and maintains log.
- Inspects, cleans, maintains & performs minor repairs on high pressure boilers, pumps, & related equipment.
- Performs steam fitting & plumbing duties as related to boiler maintenance.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks (i.e. keeps boiler room clean, makes inspection rounds).
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports, and modify data in financial system(s)
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers and/or tape and disk drives
- Ability to draft office correspondence
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage others in equity, diversity, and/or inclusion?
Full-time Classified staff position. The hiring range for this position is $19.78 – $21.64, based on previous experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: This search will be open until the position is filled.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Three to six months related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Licensed as high-pressure boiler operator.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help