Position Summary Assists the Director of the School of Media and Communication (SMC) by advising and providing budgetary support for...
Job Views ( 6 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Assists the Director of the School of Media and Communication (SMC) by advising and providing budgetary support for the School, the graduate program, and Falcon Media. Responsible for executing and coordinating all budget-related processes and policies for SMC, including internal budget analysis, and preparation of reports for the Director, the school, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Oversees and manages daily operations and meeting deadlines for reports and other various projects. Responsible for problem solving, collecting materials, communicating with faculty and staff (and other offices as needed). Develops and administers special programs and projects such as Media and Communication Day, Annual Awards Ceremony, Preview Days and President’s Day.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reviews, tracks, reconcile, and analyzes SMC expenditures. Monitors allocations, carry-forwards, expenditures, fees, transfers for operating budget.
- Monitors, tracks, and reconciles Falcon Media expenses and revenue (from outside vendors).
- Records & prepares financial reports for the operating budgets, Foundation accounts, and financial analysis to assist Director of SMC.
- Researches and identifies problem areas, makes revisions, and provides summaries and rationale as needed to Director of SMC.
- Tracks income & expenses for special events and projects foundation and projects, determines if there are funds to cover.
- Assist with the development of the financial & logistical aspect of all special events.
- Daily approves expenses; reconciles monthly reports.
The above statements are not intended to include all responsibilities, duties and skills, but rather to describe the general nature and level of work.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to query, run reports, and modify data in financial system(s)
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to accurately receive and disburse cash whether currency, credit cards, checks or other payment forms
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Reflect on a time when you advocated for something related to equity, diversity, and/or inclusion
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Classified Pay Grade 28/$20.81. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu).
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
- Six months to one-year related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help