Bursar Senior Coordinator/Outreach
Position Summary This position directly supports the Academic Operations & Finance division’s student engagement mission focusing on to recruit and retain...
Job Views ( 13 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This position directly supports the Academic Operations & Finance division’s student engagement mission focusing on to recruit and retain students. The position holder will create, develop and deliver presentations and messaging that support the University’s enrollment initiatives with a focus on student and family understanding of billing, payment and financial counseling options. Coordinates, organizes, and participates in all SOAR outreach activities both internal and external to BGSU. While working in collaboration with Marketing & Communications this position will be responsible for all Bursar publications, communications, and social media editing and updates. They will develop and deliver Bursar training activities for permanent, part-time seasonal, and student staff internal to the Office of the Bursar as well as the University Community. They will take the Lead on all medical appeal case management activities working with both parents and students to navigate the medical appeal process successfully. Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of Office of the Bursar’s policies and procedures as well as the strategic planning process. Supervises student employees who provide first line of support to students, families and the University.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, organizes, and participates in all SOAR outreach activities and is the lead presenter to family and student groups for information related to student billing, payments, financing arrangements and dispute resolution. This includes, but is not limited to, BGSU Workshops, New Student Orientation, President’s Day, Preview Days, Falcon Fridays, and all other University events as requested. Schedules additional Bursar staff and assigns duties as appropriate to assist with outreach events. Creates and administers audience surveys. Keeps detailed statistical records of all events. Analyzes outreach data and provides historical reports to supervisor and Director as requested.
- Coordinates, organizes, and delivers Billing/Payment training activities for permanent, part-time and student staff internal to the Office of the Bursar as well as the University Community. Creates and maintains training resources for new staff, on-going training for existing staff as well as new programs for special requests campus-wide. Evaluates staff progress and training effectiveness through evaluations and surveys. Serves as a lead reviewer of all Bursar knowledge base documents (policies & procedures) to ensure the most current and accurate policies and procedures are utilized through training.
- Responsible for Bursar Office social media messaging. Including, but not limited to, BGSU Bursar Facebook page, text messages, mass emails/calling campaign text, and office brochures. Assists in the counseling of students and families via in person, phone or through the Bursar secure email account as needed and during peak seasons
- Working with Marketing and Communication, this position is responsible for the dissemination and marketing of office information as it relates to University and Bursar new initiatives (i.e., Tuition Guarantee). Serves as an office liaison to various administrative offices across campus.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of federal and state student financial aid laws and regulations as well as Student Financial Aid and University policies and procedures to ensure outreach, training and all customer contacts receive accurate, complete and current information.
- Responsible for supervising, hiring, firing, scheduling and training of Bursar Office student employees.
- Responsible for special projects and presentations as needed or assigned.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: March 26, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedule to attend various outreach activities in the evening and weekends.
- Must maintain an extensive working knowledge of SFA’s policies and business procedures/practices as well as maintain a reasonable understanding of selected policies, procedures and practices from offices that interact most closely with SFA
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- High quality student centered counseling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse individuals including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and representatives of external agencies
- Ability to learn new systems and software as needed
- Ability to use proper research methods in gathering data
- Ability to proofread technical materials, recognize errors, and make corrections
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of information as required by federal law
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Communications, Education, Counseling or related field. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in public relations, training, teaching, student engagement
- Experience in event planning or programming coordination and experience in higher education
View Job at OMJ
13 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help