Job Description Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets. Ensure...
Job Views ( 1 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk of impact on business operations.
- Monitor market trends and suppliers and amend procurement strategies based on economic conditions.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce cost where possible.
- Develop and implement innovative procurement processes.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve efficiency, add value, and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure compliance and mange performance improvement activities.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Refer to production schedules and prepare purchase orders in line with selected suppliers and in line with organizational requirements.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, and invoice issues.
- Maintain and file purchasing department records including purchase orders, packing slips, and requisitions.
- Assist in the coordination of vendor returns due to defective parts and materials, as well as debit memos required by such action.
Education, Prior Work Experience, and Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Four (4) year college degree with one (1) to two (2) years of planning/buying experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum requirement would be a two (2) year Associate Degree and/or two (2) to four (4) year experience in a planning/buying position.
- College related study on Inventory Management and/or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to use and understand ERP/MRP manufacturing systems.
- Fluent in use of Word and Excel programs.
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help