BVMP Care Coordinator (Secretary)- Full Time, 1st Shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION To communicate with patients and provide administrative support for the practice. Blanchard Valley Health System-Mission, Vision and Values: Mission:...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To communicate with patients and provide administrative support for the practice.
Blanchard Valley Health System-Mission, Vision and Values:
Mission: Caring for a lifetime.
Vision: Extraordinary people. Exceptional care.
Values: Integrity, Compassion, Skill, Collaboration, Innovation & Humor
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area.
Duty 1: Schedule and manage patient appointments using Electronic Medical Records (EMR). Manage the Provider’s daily patient schedule.
Duty 2: Accurately complete the registration process.
Duty 3: Document management, patient referrals, prior authorizations and validation of benefits.
Duty 4: Responsible for payment collection.
Duty 5: Open and set up the office for the day. Stock office supplies.
Duty 6: Maintain patient waiting area for cleanliness.
Duty 7: Responsible for enhancing our patients experience and upholding the mission, vision and values of the organization.
Duty 8: Willingness to participate in process improvement.
Duty 9: Other duties as assigned.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent.
* Use of technology, associated applications and office equipment.
* This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Behavior needs to adhere to BVHS policies regarding workplace civility and standards of behavior.
* Comply to all organizational privacy policies and procedures.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Previous customer service experience.
* Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
* Medical terminology.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate must be able to sit for 8 hours a day and be able to lift 50 pounds, and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, providers, and co-workers. The associate must have vision corrected and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help