BVMP Clinical Assistant MA (UROL)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the Physician, assist in office and lab procedures, point of care testing, injections,...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Physician, assist in office and lab procedures, point of care testing, injections, phlebotomy, sterilization of instruments and clerical duties. Provide patient centered care.
Blanchard Valley Health System – Mission, Vision and Values:
Mission: Caring for a lifetime.
Vision: Extraordinary people. Exceptional care.
Values: Integrity, Compassion, Skill, Collaboration, Innovation & Humor
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area.
Duty 1:Manages daily patient and provider flow.
Duty 2:Assist Physician with patient care as required.
Duty 3:Ensure that exam rooms are prepared for each visit and set up clinical areas.
Duty 4:Able to know, understand and follow directions as given by the provider and leadership.
Duty 5:Conducts phlebotomy and point of care testing, based on practice needs.
Duty 6:Accurately complete the registration process.
Duty 7:Chart documentation.
Duty 8:Responsible for using your clinical and clerical skills.
Duty 9:Responsible for enhancing our patients experience and upholding the mission, vision and values of the organization.
Duty 10:Willingness to participate in process improvement.
Duty 11:Other duties as assigned.
* High School graduate or GED equivalent.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed. Ability to cross-train to other positions within the practice, as needed.
* Behavior needs to adhere to BVHS policies regarding workplace civility and standards of behavior.
* Comply with all organizational privacy policies and procedures.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Medical Assistant Certification/Registered/Diploma.
* Previous Medical experience.
* Experience in giving injections/blood draws preferred
* Medical terminology experience preferred
* Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
* Experience taking manual and/or electronic vitals.
* Experience communicating with patients over the phone and in-person.
* Experience with sterile procedures.
* Experience assisting Providers with procedures.
* Experience working in a medical practice.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit for two hours. The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and reach work a
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help