BVMP Diagnostic Radiologic Tech (ORTHO)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs efficiently and completely for the...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist is to provide diagnostic radiographs efficiently and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatments of anatomical and physiologic disorders under the direction and supervision of the Office Manager while maintaining professional ethics.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
* Duty 1: Selects proper technical factors and protocols pertaining to the Diagnostic Department.
* Duty 2: Demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 3: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Duty 4: Explains procedure to the patient and/or family members ensuring understanding, comfort, privacy, and safety of the patient.
* Duty 5: Collaborates with the other departments, radiologists, physician offices, and medical facilities to ensure imaging productivity, referral patter, and customer satisfaction.
* Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provider age appropriate care to the patient.
* Duty 7: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional care.
* Duty 8: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in performance to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
* Duty 9: Demonstrates knowledge of department and management line of authority and follows proper line of communication.
* Duty 10: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
* Duty 11: Performs pre-operative testing requirements for surgical patients including phlebotomy draws and EKG testing.
* Duty 12: Assists the health coach for each care team with pre-appointment medical chart prep phone calls, including obtaining previous records and documenting accurate medical histories per the patient during the phone call.
* Duty 13: Assists with rooming patients during clinic by obtaining patient vital signs, removing surgical sutures and staples post operatively, and preparing medication injection materials for the provider
* Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology
* Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
* Licensed by the state of Ohio as Radiologic Technologist
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Phlebotomy and EKG testing experience (required training will be provided within 3 months of hire).
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help