BVMP Lead MA – Pediatrics
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the provider, the primary purpose of Lead MA is to perform all...
Job Views ( 12 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the provider, the primary purpose of Lead MA is to perform all of the duties of a clinical assistant while maintaining the daily operation of the Blanchard Valley Medical Practice office as delegated.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
Duty 1: Serves as a Lead to associates and forwards feedback to the BVMP Manager. Holds all associates accountable for daily work assignments while maintaining a pleasant work environment; leads by example.
Duty 2: Delegates work assignments to other associates as needed. Oversees work flow to minimize overtime and secures coverage for the BVMP Office. Processes office payroll.
Duty 3: Assists the Provider with patient care as required. Knows, understands and follows directions as given by the provider. Accurately and effectively performs intake calls and reviews patient medications and procedures list. Assists the provider with chart documentation.
Duty 4: Completes department and organization competency and stays abreast of changes in the department. Ensures office staff complete annual competency requirements.
Duty 5: Trains new associates using proper policy/procedures and provides training for new procedures to the office.
Duty 6: Manages daily patient and provider flow. Schedule patient appointments, updates demographic information and ensures that exam rooms are prepared for each visit. Serves as a liaison for patients and feels empowered to contact any leadership staff needed to resolve customer service related issues for immediate problem resolution.
Duty 7: Demonstrates exceptional organization skills.
Duty 8: Assists in BVMP office meetings and/or huddles.
Duty 9: Assists BVMP Manager with extra duties including (but not limited to) Press Ganey reports, Quadax and charges/billing issues.
Duty 10: Is empowered to make decisions while remaining respectful and courteous to all staff.
Duty 11: Conducts blood draws, vital signs, audiometry, visual acuity, urinalysis and injections
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Medical Assistant certification is required or minimum of 3 years equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of computers, telephone operations and other office equipment.
* Experience with throat cultures, hemocues, hemoccults, glucometer, urinalysis, urine pregnancy testing.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Individual must be organized, able to prioritize, work in a fast pace environment and have excellent problem solving skills.
* Individual must be customer focused, service oriented and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
* Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the a
View Job at OMJ
12 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help