BVMP – Phlebotomist (Endocrinology)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Performs the day-to-day phlebotomy duties within the office setting, in accordance with current federal, state and...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Performs the day-to-day phlebotomy duties within the office setting, in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations and as may be directed by the Director.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
Duty 1: Is well organized and uses systematic approach to all areas of work while courteously and informatively receiving the patients. Continues with this organized and systematic process even during the busy periods. Follows instructions with little or no follow-up and/or supervision.
Duty 2: Consistently obtains the proper specimens, verifies patient’s identity by name and date of birth, and properly labels specimens. Understands importance of quality specimen integrity and its direct effects on the quality of tests results and patient care.
Duty 3: Uses good judgment when procuring specimens from difficult patients or unusual circumstances as well as when handling unusual requests for laboratory requests. Documents in computer system any deviation from standard procedure.
Duty 4: Correctly prioritizes the collection and delivery of stats, urgents, timed orders, and routine orders to the laboratory. Correctly prioritizes the collection of timed specimens.
Duty 5: Properly maintains and obtains phlebotomy items for blood collection on their phlebotomy tray and/ or outpatient laboratory. Understands the need for neatness.
Duty 6: Properly performs Point of Care (POC) testing as appropriate for the office.
Duty 7: Understands patient’s confidentiality rights.
Duty 8: Communication and actions with patients’ reflect BVHS scripting and Service Excellence attributes meeting patients’ needs in timely manner, proper phone skills, and listening skills. Interacts well with patients. Interacts well with physicians and other professionals both inside and outside the lab. Properly instructs outpatients on specimen collection.
Duty 9: Demonstrates knowledge and skills to provide appropriate care relative to the age specific needs of the patient. Understands that they must comply with all organizational and safety policies, practices and procedures of BVHA.
Duty 10: Performs additional duties as directed by office clinical lead and/or office supervisor/office leadership. Such duties may include supply ordering, gap calls, and special projects and cross training to register/room patients.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Knowledge of clinical or anatomical laboratory functions, medical terminology or science background.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be organized, able to prioritize, work in a fast pace environment and have excellent problem solving skills.
* Individual must be customer focused, serviced oriented and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
* Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Individual must be able to demon
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help