BVMP Pre-Surgery Scheduling Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of the Pre-Surgery Scheduling Coordinator role is to schedule and manage provider’s surgery schedule. Pre-cert...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the Pre-Surgery Scheduling Coordinator role is to schedule and manage provider’s surgery schedule. Pre-cert all surgeries. Schedule and manage pre-surgery testing and results. Educate patient/family about procedure and recovery. Coordinate with surgery department, and surgical supply/equipment representatives. Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
* Duty 1: Provides customer education on all tests/procedures.
* Duty 2: Coordinates provider’s surgery schedules.
* Duty 3: Validates patient’s demographic data, including completing any insurance/second opinion processes.
* Duty 4: Assures completeness of pre-operative data.
* Duty 5: Provides pertinent peri-operative education to patient/family.
* Duty 6: Notifies appropriate disciplines/departments of preparatory interventions and treatment.
* Duty 7: Actively participates in the planning in the planning for and prioritizing of education needs in the department.
* Duty 8: Completes annual competency program, including all documentation requirements.
* Duty 9: Provides various training for projects assigned.
* Duty 10: Promotes a positive image of the department and organization. Interacts effectively with co-workers and director. Keeps director informed.
* Ability to work at the computer for long periods and skilled in key board usage.
* Ability to use the telephone to respond to customers, and the ability to use the computer and telephone simultaneously.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* This position may not be inclusive to the BVMP Practice that you are assigned at the time of hire, which may require you to work at another BVMP Practice, as needed.
* Clinical experience preferred.
* Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
* Knowledge of CPT Coding, ICD 9 Codes, and Medicare Requirement Issues preferred.
General: This position required a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking; sitting, including sitting for up to 4 hours at a time; lifting, up to 50 lbs; bending; squatting; climbing; kneeling; twisting; and standing. Frequently stoops or crouches, pushes/pulls file storage cabinet or chart drawers to retrieve and return customer/patient materials and frequently changes body positions from sit-stand during interview process and general office activities. Occasionally providers steadying or light assistance to ambulatory patients for standing, walking within the area or in the hallways and occasionally lifts and adjusts
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help