BVMP (RN) Heart & Vascular Services – 30 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to provide education for all cardiovascular inpatients-outpatient). Coordinating and educating patients...
Job Views ( 1 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide education for all cardiovascular inpatients-outpatient). Coordinating and educating patients for improving and implementing proper care for all cardiac patients. Participates with patient care and works collaboratively with other physicians and nurses to implement professional care. Completes billing/coding/precertification and other duties as assigned. Works with the office staff to make sure all patients’ needs are met. Fulfills all duties and responsibilities as office nurse. Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care to provide the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and the families.
Duty 3: Collaborates with providers regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plans and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 4: Evaluates patient access to needed services and coordinates access to the care continuum and community resources. Appropriately refers patients with physician approval to appropriate resources for education, services and resolution of care issues of the patient. Counsels directly and often in person with patients and families to promote education, care plan compliance and improve health of patient.
Duty 5: Performs related duties and assists others as needed with assignments in order to create a team environment. Triages phone calls that come into the office and assists with scheduling patient visits, answering questions, etc. Schedules, coordinates and pre-certifies surgeries/procedures ordered by the providers.
Duty 6: Works with providers in providing accurate coding procedures and appropriate diagnosing codes to support them.
Duty 7: Promotes service-oriented philosophy in all interactions with the patients, families, and associates.
Duty 9: Adheres to policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to department and / or regulatory agencies.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and holds a current Ohio license as a Registered Nurse.
* Previous experience and excellent skills as a patient educator.
* Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to use independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help