BVMP Scribe – Pulmonary (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Medical Practice scribe under the supervision of the Physician/Mid-level provider, assist in documentation the medical chart...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Medical Practice scribe under the supervision of the Physician/Mid-level provider, assist in documentation the medical chart of each patient in office visits and office procedures.
Blanchard Valley Medical Practices is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-county area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime.”
* Duty 1: Transcribes the proper medical documentation, diagnosis, discharge or follow-up instructions, as designated by the Provider.
* Duty 2: May accept verbal orders according to policy and enters patient orders as designated by provider.
* Duty 3: Assists in the organization of the Provider by maintaining a comprehensive list of active patients while in the department.
* Duty 4: Supports the implementation of clinical changes and evidence based practices.
* Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge of care standards that reflect the professional and regulatory guidelines for care and recognizes personal accountability for the guidelines.
* Duty 6: Assumes an active role in keeping informed regarding changes in policy and procedure.
* Duty 7: Tailors care to meet the age specific and developmentally appropriate patient needs.
* Duty 8: Assures patient’s rights to confidentiality of care and treatment.
* High School Graduate.
* 1-3 years’ experience in a healthcare environment.
* BLS certified.
* Typing and medical terminology experience.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Medical Assistant training/degree.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in sitting, walking, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 20 pounds. The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination with the ability to grasp, push and pull, finger dexterity and fine manipulation. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulder, and be able to use foot controls. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help