Full time, 10-month, evening and/or weekends duties as required The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level...
Job Views ( 5 )
Bluffton, OhioHancock County
Full time, 10-month, evening and/or weekends duties as required
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The counselor is responsible for overseeing the function of the university’s Counseling Services, including education, treatment, intervention, and mental health and alcohol and substance use prevention and education. The director will serve as a champion for the student experience working to advance mental health services, resources and systems to support student success. The director will provide clinical services through diagnostic assessment and treatment of emotional and mental disorders with individuals, couples and groups. This is a 10-month position, 40 hours per week, with on-call, weekend and evening responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the duties of a licensed mental health clinician by maintaining clinical case load and effectively diagnose and treat through individual, couple and group therapy
- Manage crisis situations arising on campus and work weekend and/or evening hours as necessary in response to crises. Collaborate effectively with residence life staff and administrator on duty during crises
- Provide leadership, coordination, strategic planning and day-to-day administration of a student-centered mental health counseling department
- Develop policies and procedures as needed, to reflect the changing needs of students, legal guidelines and best practices
- Collaborate with staff to establish annual goals and priorities to ensure appropriate alignment with student affairs and campus strategic planning and initiatives
- Direct the administrative operations of counseling services and establish appropriate policies and procedures to support student needs with counseling services
- Ensure execution of ethical/legal record-keeping as well as general policies and procedures
- Advise university administration and faculty on student mental health and developmental issues; be able to work collaboratively with students, administrators and off campus stakeholders
- Complete an annual report at the completion of each academic year summarizing efforts and results of counseling services clinical, training and outreach programs. This should highlight clinical utilization, new initiatives and future goals for the center
- Actively support and participate in student affairs. Participate in campus and community committees as needed
- Oversee education outreach prevention and education. Provide campus crisis trainings and participate in residence life training
- Assess training and in-service needs and provide consultation and arrange/facilitate training and seminars
- Facilitate highly sensitive and challenging conversations with community members, families and students that require thorough familiarity of ethical and legal procedures. Work to resolve and de-escalate highly complex student situations in a manner that best supports both the student and institutional needs.
- Remain current in continuing education requirements and prioritize professional development, best practices and current treatment modalities to enhance services to college-aged population. Provide professional leadership to other mental health professionals.
- Participate in appropriate professional organizations namely Association of University College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCCD), ACCA and regional counseling center director networks
- Other duties, as assigned
Applications are considered complete when the following materials are received at the office indicated below:
- Letter of interest
- Completed Bluffton employment application
Send application materials to:
Vice president of student life and athletics
1 University Drive
Bluffton, OH 45817-2104
Employment decisions are based on merit and university needs, and not on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law. As a religious institution, Bluffton University expressly reserves its rights to appoint faculty and staff who share a commitment to the Christian faith which is consistent with the Mennonite/Anabaptist beliefs of the university’s founding and supporting church. EOE.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Advanced degree in counseling, psychology, clinical social work or related field
- Independently licensed in mental health related discipline in the state of Ohio (i.e. LPCC, LISW, licensed psychologist)
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience
- Clinically sound diagnostic and assessment skills
- Ability to work in crisis situation, have good rational decision making skills, effective problem solving, and ability to establish good rapport easily with a diverse population with various needs
- Experienced with traditional college student issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, substance use disorder and trauma
- Solid communication skills/listening skills, ability to mediate/diffuse situations, professional oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of cultural competency and the complexities of equity and inclusion
- Administrative and clinical supervision experience
- Experience in college counseling setting and/or work with young adult population preferred
- Experience in program development, delivery and public speaking
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and/or work environment encountered by the employee while performing the essential responsibilities of this job must be met with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations will be considered and implemented when possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities of this position. Typical office conditions. Frequent use of computer. Mobility required within the office complex and status protected by law. As a religious institution, Bluffton University encourages respectful consideration of the Christian Faith.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help