Cardiac Exercise Physiologist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Assist in organizing and in supervising patient exercise sessions, prepare patients and equipment for...
Job Views ( 16 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Assist in organizing and in supervising patient exercise sessions, prepare patients and equipment for exercise sessions and evaluate and adapt exercise prescriptions. Participates in-patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with patient and team personnel.
Duty 1: Demonstrates skill, accuracy and judgment in performing patient evaluations. Assesses the patient’s condition and needs, sets goals, and prescribes appropriate actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning
Duty 2: Identifies educational needs of the patient and family. Provides education to assist the patient and family with goal achievement
Duty 3: Demonstrates understanding of important electrocardiographic responses at rest and during exercise in the healthy versus persons with CAD.
Duty 4: Always skillfully and safely progresses, leads, and supervises patient during exercise sessions. Monitors vital signs and observes for levels of fatigue, pain and motivation. Evaluates and intervenes, using appropriate protocol if any undesirable reaction to exercise occurs.
Duty 5: Demonstrates creativity, skill and efficiency in designing and implementing the patients exercise prescription. Modifies and adjusts the prescription as needed to help the patient achieve a higher level of functional capacity, strength and flexibility.
Duty 6: Participates in community educational activities or service programs regarding issues of Cardiac Rehabilitation, heart health or related health issues.
Duty 7: Documents identification of patient needs, appropriate interventions and client responses in an accurate and up-to-date manner. Completes patient reports for physicians per policy and procedure.
Duty 8: Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients. Demonstrates ability to perform CPR.
Duty 9: Maintains a safe environment for self, patient, visitors and other health care professionals with consistent use of safety standards/policies and procedures.
Duty 10: Maintains HIPPA and confidentiality guidelines as per hospital policy and procedure.
* Graduate of an exercise physiology or exercise science B.S. program
* BLS / ACLS Certifications
* Experience in reading and interpretation of EKG’s
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state).
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Experience with supervision of patient care during exercise and exercise prescriptions
* Commitment to healthy life style as a model for patients and staff
Frequently sits for monitoring, evaluating, documenting and obtaining patient information. Occasionally climbs stairs, foot stools during exercise sessions and in emergency situations. Occasionally transports patient folders, tre
View Job at OMJ
16 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help