Cardiopulmonary Technician – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Cardio-Pulmonary Technician is to perform diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring procedures as directed and...
Job Views ( 1 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Cardio-Pulmonary Technician is to perform diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring procedures as directed and in accordance with federal, state, and local guidelines as well as established departmental rules and regulations.
* Duty 1: C-P technician administers medications and performs other respiratory procedures such as ABG’s, EKG’s, bedside spirometry, pulse oximetry, heart apnea monitoring, incentive spirometry, suction, postural drainage and percussion, Home Oxygen and Home Aerosol setups. Following department policy and procedure to provide quality care to patients.
* Duty 2: C-P technician assists with Code Blue emergencies. BLS to be maintained to provide qualified emergency care to patients.
* Duty 3: C-P technician will assess and document patient respiratory status which includes reviewing all orders by medical provider, reporting any problems to other members of the health care team and follow with proper documentation to provide timely and accurate reporting.
* Duty 4: C-P technician will ensure that the use of all equipment and supplies is maintained to provide the economical and safe use thereof.
* Duty 5: C-P technician provides education to staff, patients and family members to have clear communication between Pulmonary Services and other BVHA associates and customers.
* Duty 6: C-P technician participates in the departmental process of: improvement projects, reviewing policies / procedures and equipment needs, then assists in implementing the change for the efficient delivery of care.
* High school education or equivalent coursework, prefer science/health related
* Holds a Limited or Temporary Permit issued by the Ohio Respiratory Care Board
* Completion of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification within 60 days
* BLS Certification
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
* the individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Previous experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate must be able to sit for three hours and stand for 6 hours per day. The associate must be able to lift 75 pounds or more and assist with moving patients. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The associate must be able to reach work above the shoulders and the ability to operate a foot control. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination. This position requires excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, physicians and co-workers. The individual must be able to operate motor vehicle. This position may result in exposure to chemicals and gases.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help