Job Summary Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes...
Job Views ( 15 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Provides direct care to residents following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity,
recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
1. Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring
and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages
residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
2. Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following
preplanned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the
resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
3. Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar.
Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships
with other residents.
4. Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
This includes documentation related to: medication distribution as applicable; leisure activities; incidents and
observations; reporting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes
and reports the health and emotional condition of each resident, and promptly reports all changes to the
supervisor. (Refer to state specific regulations regarding medication assistance and documentation).
5. May assist residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Assists or supervises residents who
self-administer medication. Follows physician orders and state laws to administer medications to residents who
cannot self-administer their medications. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and
procedures. (Refer to state specific regulations regarding medication assistance).
6. Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping; following
cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
7. Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests
for assistance – including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
8. Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the
supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
9. Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to six months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Refer to specific state regulations for qualifications required to assist with medications and direct care duties.
Knowledge of dementia particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
In accordance with state law, may need to possess current state certification and follow regulations to maintain certification currency.
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help