PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Perform day-to-day maintenance of interior surfaces and renovating existing facilities. Paint, stain, hang wall covering, lay floor...
Job Views ( 17 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Perform day-to-day maintenance of interior surfaces and renovating existing facilities. Paint, stain, hang wall covering, lay floor coverings, frame walls, hang and finish drywall, install acoustical ceilings, and install doors and frames under the direction of the Construction Manager or her designee. Perform other duties as assigned related to renovating and maintenance.
Duty 1: Adheres to BVHS’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Duty 2: Ensures a safe and comfortable environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Duty 3: Ability to prepare (wash, scrape, patch, fill, caulk, seal, skim coat, sand, and/or prime) and paint various surfaces. Ability to remove and apply all types of wall covering. Ability to install wall protection and all types of corner guards.
Duty 4: Ability to lay all types of flooring including carpet, vinyl, LVT, rubber, porcelain, ceramic, and VCT. Ability to install all types of wall base.
Duty 5: Ability to install all types of suspended acoustical ceilings.
Duty 6: Ability to safely demolish building components. Ability to frame metal and wood stud partitions. Ability to install weather and vapor barriers, drywall and batt insulation. Ability to patch and install plaster.
Duty 7: Ability to install and repair door and door frames.
Duty 8: Ability to estimate quantities of materials and time needed for projects.
Duty 9: Ability to remove and install all types of casework, cabinetry and countertops.
Duty 10: Assesses and maintains architectural appearance of both hospitals and satellite facilities including rental properties.
Duty 11: Accepts and responds to emergencies, codes, fire, and disasters.
Duty 12: Performs related duties and responsibilities as required or directed.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* A minimum of 5 consecutive years of commercial carpentry experience.
* Maintain skill level with appropriate training and use various methods to ensure continual improvement.
* Licensed (or ability to become licensed) to install fire stopping.
* Working knowledge of infection control methods and ability to setup ICRA barriers.
* Ability to assist Facility Project Coordinator and to work with other departments and outside contractors.
* Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe manner
* Ability to read blue prints and drawings
* Lifts up to 75 lbs., carries, pushes, pulls, climbs, crawls, stoops, kneels, stands and walks a moderate amount. Some exposure to heat, noise, bodily injury and toxic substances. Appropriate motor coordination, manual finger dexterity and color vision required.
* May be required to work any shift, fixed or rotated, and days off may be fixed or rotated
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Support the Mission, Vision and Values of Blanchard Valley Health System.
* Good knowledge of different types of construction materials and methods
* Experience in fabricating laminate and/or solid surface countertops
* Trained in proper usage, handling and disposal of various materials and chemicals (including adhesives, lacquer thinner, lead, paint, varnish, epoxy, joint compouApply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmJnZW5lcmljLjQ2MjM5LjEwNTA4QGJsYW5jaGFyZHZhbGxleWNvbXAuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
View Job at OMJ
17 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help