CDL Driver / Laborer
Job Description Commercial Driver (CDL) /Laborer Do you love driving a truck but hate the nights spent away...
Job Views ( 6 )
Forest, OhioOther County
Commercial Driver (CDL) /Laborer
Do you love driving a truck but hate the nights spent away from home? You might flourish in our open position for a local truck driver/laborer. Wampum Hardware Co. (WHC) is a family oriented business and values both its employees and their families providing daily and weekend home time. We are currently seeking a CDL Driver/Laborer for our Forest, Ohio location
As long as you live within 35 miles of our Forest OH location we want to talk to you. We are looking for a safe, courteous driver who values home time. Our company makes safety our number one priority, which is reflected in our impeccable safety record. We maintain our entire fleet with dedicated precision, and we don’t employ owner-operators, so we retain control over our vehicles.
No Walk Ins Please
Commercial (CDL) Truck Driver/Laborer Requirements:
- Minimum Class B CDL with clean driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age as required by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
- 2+ months of commercial driving experience
- Tanker, Air Brakes endorsements required within 30 days of hire- WHC will provide training
- Hazmat must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
- Must pass drug screening commercial driver’s physical and criminal background checks.
- Must satisfy the requirements for a “possessor of explosives” as defined by the BATFE
Truck Driver/Laborer Responsibilities:
• Pre-load/ unload product as directed
• Lift up to 60 pounds
• Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
• Navigate construction job site terrain
• Provide labor support as needed for blasting/drilling crews
• Dig holes in preparation of job site blasting
• Back-fill holes at job sites
• Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems as damage to management
• Preform general maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
• Wear personal protective equipment where required
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help