Circulation Desk Assistant
CIRCULATION DESK ASSISTANT Note: Position open until filled. Apply at Indeed.com (Include Link: https://www.indeed.com/job/circulation-desk-assistant-754972c0a263772e), drop off a copy of your letter...
Job Views ( 30 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
CIRCULATION DESK ASSISTANT
Note: Position open until filled. Apply at Indeed.com (Include Link: https://www.indeed.com/job/circulation-desk-assistant-754972c0a263772e), drop off a copy of your letter of interest and resume at the library, or send your materials to [email protected]
Hours: Part-Time (24 Hours/Weekly)
Rate: $11.50 per hour
Department: Public Services
Reports To: Public Services Manager
A Circulation Assistant provides direct service to patrons by checking materials in and out as well as performing other standard circulation and clerical duties using the library’s Integrated Library System (ILS) and other software. Work is performed under general supervision of the Public Services Manager. A friendly, helpful, and tactful demeanor is crucial to success.
- Greets patrons; assists or refers them to other departments according to their needs.
- Provides direct service to the public; maintains composure in stressful situations.
- Performs standard Circulation Duties, including: Opening and closing procedures, checking library materials in and out; processing hold requests; calling patrons; emptying the book drop; cleaning and minor mending of materials; sorting materials for shelving, holds, or transit; registering new borrowers, updating patrons’ records; collecting payments and donations; and answering telephones.
- May perform basic Information Service Desk duties such as faxing, providing copier and computer assistance, locating titles within the catalog, and managing patron computer sessions in the absence of an Information Services Desk staff member.
- Attends and participates in Public Service Department and All-Staff meetings.
- Makes recommendations for services improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
The schedule for this position requires flexibility; candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Infrequent local travel and occasional regional or statewide travel for trainings, meetings, and events.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous public library experience preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Acceptable Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation background check.
- Possession of valid Ohio drivers’ license and clean driving record.
1. All staff members at Tiffin-Seneca Public Library are “At Will” employees. This job description is not a contract nor an all-inclusive list of duties. Employees may be required to perform other duties necessary to meet the on-going needs of the library.
- Tiffin-Seneca Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The library provides equal employment opportunities for all our staff members and applicants in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, or sexual orientation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Provides high-quality patron service, exercising sound judgment and a commitment to maintaining good relations with the public.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manages time well; works independently, accurately, and with attention to detail.
- Retains, follows, and explains organizational procedures, processes, and policies.
- Committed to on-going personal development and skill acquisition.
ORGANIZATION-WIDE WORK REQUIREMENTS
Every library staff member is expected to:
- Interact professionally with other staff members, patrons, and vendors.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with others.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Uphold library the library’s mission, values, performance standards, work rules, and policies.
This job takes place at a busy public service desk and requires frequent speaking and interaction with the public. Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with constant interruption and remember assignments given over long periods of time. Must be able to read from a computer screen for significant amounts of time. Noise level in the work environment can vary greatly depending upon number of patrons present and library activities.
This position requires the ability to lift up to forty pounds on an occasional basis, as well as the ability to frequently bend, stretch, reach, and maneuver loads on book carts. This position requires extended periods of both sitting and standing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.
View Job at OMJ
30 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help