Clinical Dietician (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Responsible for planning and executing nutritional services to the patients and health care team. Assist the Clinical...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Responsible for planning and executing nutritional services to the patients and health care team. Assist the Clinical Nutrition Supervisor with all phases of patient care related services and educational services.
Duty 1: Uses the nutrition care process to assess and implement the plan of care for assigned patients, including consultations as requested by the physician. Patients are followed up according to plan of care.
Duty 2: Appropriately identifies the need for nutrition support. Works with nursing and medical staff to ensure the patient receives optimal nutrition care. Calories and protein are properly calculated to patient’s height weight, and age. Properly calculates additional nutrient levels based on patient assessment. Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical policies and procedures.
Duty 3: Educates individuals and groups utilizing appropriate techniques and materials. Materials are up to date and approved for use by the Clinical Nutrition Supervisor. Utilizes Power Point for group presentations when appropriate.
Duty 4: Assures compliance to Joint Commission, Ohio Department of Health and other regulatory agencies. Follows all department policies and procedures.
Duty 5: Maintains good rapport with medical and nursing staff as evidenced by peer review. Also maintains good rapport with patients and families.
Duty 6: Manages time efficiently, setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and preparing reports as needed.
Duty 7: Actively participates in department meetings, nursing rounds, hospital committees and other meetings as assigned.
Duty 8: Participates in department performance improvement projects.
Duty 9: Supports community functions including but not limited to presentations, health fairs, and retails wellness initiatives.
* B.S. Degree in Dietetics or a similar area of concentration from an accredited institution.
* Must be Registered Dietitian or Registration eligible. Registration and licensure to practice Dietetics in Ohio is required within 30 days of commencement of position.
* Must obtain National Provider Number and reassign billing benefits to BVHS within 90 days of commencement of position. Must maintain an active Medicare number.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Clinical experience desired.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help