Clinical Lab Office Team Lead 40 hrs/wk, 2nd shift
ONLY ASSOCIATES CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITHIN THIS DEPARTMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTRADEPARTMENTAL POSTING. PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose...
Job Views ( 11 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
ONLY ASSOCIATES CURRENTLY EMPLOYED WITHIN THIS DEPARTMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTRADEPARTMENTAL POSTING.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of the Laboratory Support Services Team Leader is to perform all of the duties of a laboratory processor and/ or phlebotomist while assisting the Laboratory Support Services Supervisor(s) in maintaining the daily operation of the Laboratory Support Services Department as delegated.
* Duty 1: Assists in direct supervision of lab support staff; holds all associates accountable for daily work assignments while maintaining a pleasant work environment; leads by example.
* Duty 2: Delegates work assignments to phlebotomy, processing and other associates as needed. Oversees work flow to minimize overtime and secures coverage for processing and/or phlebotomy.
* Duty 3: Serves as a counselor to associates and forwards feedback to the Support Services Supervisor(s).
* Duty 4: Accurately and effectively performs processing/phlebotomy duties. Assists the Support Services Supervisor(s) to ensure that Support Service staff has completed annual competencies. Completes department and organization competencies and keeps aware of changes in the department.
* Duty 5: Assists the Support Services Supervisor(s) in training new associates using proper policy/procedures and provides training for new procedures to section.
* Duty 6: Serves as a liaison to all customers regarding specimen collection and processing issues. Feels empowered to contact any supervisory staff needed to resolve customer service related issues for immediate problem resolution.
* Duty 7: Demonstrates exceptional organization skills.
* Duty 8: Assists in Support Service meetings and/or huddles.
* Duty 9: Assists Support Services Supervisor(s) with extra duties including (but not limited to) Press Ganey reports, OPSE meeting, Medicare denials, Q/A, tracking of phlebotomy trays and Vocera devices and pagers, charges/billing issues.
* Duty 10: Is empowered to make decisions while remaining respectful and courteous to all staff.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree in related field is required or willingness to obtain an associate’s degree within 5 years of date of hire.
* Experience and PBT (ASCP) certification is required, or willingness to obtain certification within 2 years of hire.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Must have a working knowledge of the daily operations of the Pre-analytical and Post-analytical processes within the Laboratory Support Services section.
* Individual must be organized, able to prioritize, work in a fast pace environment and have excellent problem solving skills.
* Individual must be customer focused, service oriented and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
* Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide th
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help