Clinical Manager – Ortho/Neuro
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Responsible for patient care and the coordination of staff to provide optimum patient care and quality...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Responsible for patient care and the coordination of staff to provide optimum patient care and quality service. To develop, organize, implement, and manage the day-to-day activities of department in accordance with TJC standards, federal, state, and local guidelines as well as BVHS’s established policies and procedures. Assesses and evaluates patient care, personnel, staff development, and acts as a clinical resource person. Maintains active communication among medical staff, interdepartmental staff, and department staff. Maintains a line of positive communication, promotes teamwork, and supports the management team by promoting professional collaboration at all levels. This position will be involved in direct patient care to provide assistance and guidance to clinical staff.
Duty 1: Responsible for overall clinical operations of the department including staffing, scheduling, payroll, departmental policies and procedures, associate/physician relationships, and departmental assets.
Duty 2: Stays abreast of federal, state and local regulations and applies to the department’s operations appropriately.
Duty 3: Assists Director in developing and monitoring department budget and strives to control departmental costs.
Duty 4: Assists in the recruitment, selection and training of competent department associates in conjunction with the Director and Human Resources. Establishes and evaluates ongoing department competency requirements for department staff. Manages associate performance through reward and recognition, timely performance reviews, coaching and counseling.
Duty 5: Attends Nursing Leadership meetings and serves on committees as appointed. Completes all required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Duty 6: Functions as an effective leader, role model and problem solver for staff on unit(s). Promotes an environment in which the patient care team can work cooperatively toward objectives.
Duty 7: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on his/her assigned unit/department. Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
Duty 8: Identifies opportunities for process improvement. Directs, implements and evaluates unit based process improvement efforts.
Duty 9: Ensures Service Excellence is practiced in department by self and associates. Strives to achieve SE goals as set by department and organization. Works with Patient Advocate to resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Develops department Service Excellence Council on areas of responsibility.
Duty 10: Strives to achieve Associate Engagement goals as set by department and organization.
* · Graduate of an approved school of nursing and have a current Ohio license required
* · Demonstrated management skills
* · Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* · Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help