Clinical Resource RN – ICU
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to promote excellence in the nursing practice via the integration...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to promote excellence in the nursing practice via the integration of the following role functions: expert clinical practice in the acute care nursing setting; provision of education to associates caring for the acutely ill; presence as a clinical resource and consultant to associates and others; and commitment to the ongoing professional and educational development of self and fellow associates. The Clinical Resource RN will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing department and unit specific education and competencies for associates.
Duty 1: Collaborates with nursing leadership to develop, implement, evaluate, and update the general nursing curriculum and unit specific curriculum for all nursing associates for orientation. Assists and helps to coordinate all preceptor/mentoring efforts for new associates in their nursing area. Also assists with in-servicing/training staff, regarding new policies/procedures and equipment.
Duty 2: Collaborates with nursing leadership to evaluates and maintain the competency program for the general nursing area associates and serves as a resource for all associates who participate in the peer education process.
Duty 3: Maintains clinical expertise and is current in all competencies required for the general nursing department, as well as specific specialty unit of assignment.
Duty 4: Maintains current knowledge of national nursing care practice standards and incorporates evidence based practice information/nursing research into daily activities and personal practice. Works in clinical setting during times of high volume/acuity as needed.
Duty 5: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 6: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 8: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 9: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of RNs, LPNs, Patient Care Techs, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 10: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
* Current Ohio License as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Five years of experience in the field of general nursing required.
* Demonstrates ability to work in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health care providers.
* BLS and ACLS provider certifications
* BLS instructor certifications (Will have one year to obtain instructor certifications after hire if not already certified.)
* PALS certification required or to be obtained within the first year of employment.
* Basic skills in the use of personal computer (word processing and presentation skills) and audiovisual equipment required
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient sta
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help